WHO WE ARE
The Migrant Resource Centre Northern Tasmania (MRC North) is the leading organisation for the delivery of services and support to humanitarian entrants, migrants and culturally and linguistically diverse communities in northern Tasmania.
Its mission is to provide leadership, advocacy and resources, so that culturally and linguistically diverse people can contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of the community.
Specifically, its aims are:
- To provide and support culturally appropriate services, including health, trauma and settlement services to migrants and humanitarian entrants;
- To develop and deliver specific programs and services that address settlement needs;
- To assist with the provision of facilities to groups with special needs (women, youth, elderly and people with disability);
- To facilitate the planning and coordination of services for newly arrived and established migrant communities, in consultation with other agencies and with recognition of the different planning and coordination mechanisms that exist in Tasmania;
- To provide facilities for meetings and cultural activities; and
- Provide assistance and respond to the needs of new and emerging migrant groups.