The Migrant Resource Centre Northern Tasmania (MRC North) is the lead organisation for the delivery of services and support for humanitarian entrants, migrants and culturally and linguistically diverse communities in Northern Tasmania.
Its mission is to provide leadership, advocacy and resources, so that culturally and linguistically diverse people can contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of the community.
Specifically, its aims are to:
- Provide and support culturally appropriate settlement services to migrants and humanitarian entrants;
- Develop and deliver specific programs and support services that address settlement needs;
- Assist with the provision of facilities to client groups with special needs (women, youth, elderly and people with disability);
- Facilitate the planning and coordination of services for newly arrived and established migrant communities, in consultation with other agencies and with recognition of the different planning coordination services;
- Provide facilities for meetings and cultural activities; and
- Provide assistance and respond to the needs of new and emerging migrant groups.